Sunday 8 June 2008

Inventory

The car as I brought home was more or less just a shell as you can se. There were a lot of boxes with parts. All unsorted.

A detektive work started. I found on the Internet a catalogue with all parts that a Midget is supposed to have. For me MOSS Europe was an excellent sours of information about the car and its parts. I created an Excel database with all parts marking what I got and what were missing and also status of the parts I had. This gave me a god insight what I hade to do and what parts I have to find/buy.

This work took some months and the list of things I needed grow longer by the day.
When doing the inventory I found parts I could not identify. I put those in special boxes for later identification. Some parts did not belong to my car at all, for example did I find that I got parts from a Morris Minor. All to be sold later.

During this work I also tried to get some mechanical work done, I will tell you in the next part of A Midget is Reborn (Almost as Mark Evans TV- program!!)

No comments: