Tuesday 17 June 2008

More about the engine

I got the engine back from the repair shop. It was cleaned up, some broken studs taken out, new bearings for the con rods and new piston rings in a box.



I started to paint the cylinder block just to get the impression of a “new” engine. I needed to shop around for some more tools for example one to compress the valve springs. Realised I needed more parts as lock tabs, cant reuse the old ones!

I have found out that it is cheaper to get my parts from England even if I include the freight cost than it is to shop in Sweden. The parts are normally the same so there is no difference in quality.


During a work trip to Stockholm I found, on the internet, a company that had sale on Tonneau Covers for a very god price. It is certainly not one of the things I need first in my restauration but the opportunity was to god to miss.

No comments: