Thursday 22 May 2008

The Beginning

Why was I, a cold and dark winter’s day 2005, looking at a MG Midget Mk1 1961 who had been a sleeping beauty for 20 years?

Everything started a cold and stormy night, as Snoopy would have said. I was sitting together with some friends drinking beer and whiskey. As time passed, talks drifted into more manly things as talks have a tendency to do in company of friends and a beer.

One subject was old cars and I told my friends of my dream of own a British open top car. Suddenly one of them told me, I have a Midget in parts, it has not been touched for the last 20 years. Interested?
Well, the evening was late, my own capabilities were judged to be enormous, yes it was that late! Of course I was interested! Big plans was created, the evening drifted in to late night and at last entered the darkness of sleep.

No comments: