Tuesday 29 November 2011

Electricity…cables and some smoke…….

Next step was to check that all electric equipment worked. I bought a battery and connected it, the connection was done after that I checked everything that uses electricity was turned off!
The plan was to start up one thing after another and check that it worked. The first thing I turned on was the lights...........and a gigantic cloud of smoke appeared from under the instrument panel!
I turned off all electricity, disconnected the battery and opened up all doors to the garage to clear the smoke. Then it was time for a cup of tea, untill the smoke had cleared and my nerves calmed down.

Then it was time to assess the situation. Burnt cables under the instrument panel belonging to the instrument lights were found. Further investigation reveled crossed instrument cables. Not a major disaster, not even a minor one.

After disconnection of these cables I started to test again. First the lights…. It worked!!!
Then the next function and so on and all worked......well almost everything worked.
....to be continued......

No comments: