Wednesday 10 April 2013

Autumn

I found myself a hardtop from a guy in Västerås. It is in good nick but needed new rubber seals. Thanks to my English connections I manage to get the address to an English company dealing in Rubber Extrusions and they had a seal that could be used between the hardtop and the car body. I got the seal between the hardtop and the front window from MASC (Midget and Sprite Club).


I had already got the side windows but they had to be refurbished. The frames was sanded down and polished. One new bracket had to be fabricated. I had earlier ordered the rubber sealing’s from MOSS UK together with the felt seal for the sliding pans.


The windows were both broken and milky but could be used as templates. My local glaciers fixed new ones. In the end they became very good and functional!


 
However…… it still looks best without the hardtop!!

No comments: