Friday 25 January 2013

To get the car back into the register.

I had to get the car back into the national car register again. Step one was to track down the old papers on the car, send a copy of them and an application form to the proper authorities; the Swedish Transport Agency.
After their approval I had to make an appointment with one of the MoT stations that can handle a register inspection.
The 1 of October 2010 after loading the car on a trailer, me and a friend went to the city of Vara, 30 minutes’ drive south. The car had to be on a trailer because I still did not have any license plates, insurance and valid MoT.

 

The excitement mounting every minute, will I succeed in get the car back on the road?
 
 
The inspector pulled, yanked, poked and hummed, after that a short test drive.
 

And…..all went well!!!!!

The car past and I was to be issued a new license plate. It did also pass its MoT, however I could not get a MoT certificate because the computer system refused to acknowledge my chassis number, it was to short according to today’s standards! It had to be done manually at the Transport Agency Office, so paper had to be filled and sent to fix this and that meant I could not get the MoT certificate because the test was done before the car was back in the database.....

It did not really matter that much because the driving season was more or less over, for open cars, where I live.
 
However a BIG STEP had been taken to get the car back on to the road again!!

 

No comments: