Thursday 27 November 2008

Even more Engine……


Crankshaft working fine, time for the next step. Front and back plate, oil pump, oil strainer, timing gear and chain and so on. I run into one small problem, the oil thrower! The one I had was wrong (to a newer engine) and it was not easy to find but a friend had one laying around and I got it. But it delayed me one week!


One valve was “burnt” so I had to go to Gothenburg to get a new one, after that I ground the valves in to fit the cylinder head. I have an old head and I found a “hole” where a blanking plug was supposed to be. It was, of course, missing so I had to let a professional engine company fix it.


After the sump was bolted to the engine I brought the engine down from the workbench and put it on my mobile “engine stand”.

Then I continued with the rest of the parts.
Cylinder head torked down, rocket shaft, push rods, camshaft followers and so on. Distributor put on and checked that it was not 180 degrees wrong!


After some time I had, an almost, finished engine. Still missing is the dynamo and some brackets and vacuum pipe, I think there still quite some small missing parts.

No comments: